Friday 16 March 2012

Black and White in Paris

I am entering my 2nd a passion for PTI challenge after a great start from the 1st one(I got into the top 3 passionate last time, woo hoo!!) I think this is a good way to keep me updating my blog and make some cards that are out of my comfort zone! And it is fun:)

This weeks challenge is ‘black and white with a pop colour’, I came up with a black and white idea quite quick, but the pop colour part..I needed to think hard how this was going to match with the simple layout  that I was going to make..

I am not sure why when I think of black and white, I think of Paris, so I used an Eiffel tower image from stamping up and teamed it up with a sentiments set I adore so much from PTI. It is Dawn Mcvey’s signature greetings. This set of sentiments is so versatile. It fitted so well with different themes.


I embossed the tower and the sentiment to give it a bit of 3D effect (which i know you can't really see on a 2D photo :D) and I used melon pink as my pop colour (to create a romantic effect? ) then I finished it with  a ‘frame’ and some washi tape.Nice and easy in half an hour. ( and another hour to try and clean up all the embossing powder on my desk..!!)

That’s me for just now, I am hoping I am going to be lucky this time and get that coffee mug image stamp coz they are just toooooooooo cute! (My to buy list for PTI is far too long now.. and seems it is not in proportion with my saving!)

1 comment:

  1. Well your efforts certainly paid off as your our random winner on A Passion for Papertrey! Congrats!!!
    I love your Parisian take on our challenge - tres chic!
    x

    ReplyDelete